Corrosion under insulation (CUI), corrosion blistering and scabs, flow-accelerated corrosion (FAC), corrosion under fireproofing (CUF), and corrosion under coatings are possibly the greatest unresolved asset integrity problems in the industry. Current methods used to measure wall thickness over lift off, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations and existing pulsed eddy current (PEC) solutions rely on outdated technology. It’s time for evolution.
SONOMATIC offers Phased Array using Eddyfi M2M Gekko® inspection technology. The technology covers a wide range of applications from corrosion mapping to crack detection and characterization in welded pipes and plates. Thanks to its advanced features, Gekko can handle thick components, detect and characterize misoriented defects. Superimposition of CAD files to ultrasonic data also helps our technicians to interpret measurements and therefore lowers the rate of false alarms.
- Physical and cloud storage of data with no degradation
- Multiple weld images included with data
- Results auditable onsite or remotely every day
- Setup and equipment data/configuration included in report
- High probability of detection for planer flaws either in fabrication or in-service
- Ability to assess through-wall depth attributes to accurately determine the location defects
- Ability to discriminate among defects stacked throughout the material thickness in a proximate circumferential location